Developing Survey | XM Community
Solved

Developing Survey

• 22 August 2019
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Hi I wanted to know if anyone knew how to develop a survey that participants can come and go and get the credit for the particular session that they attended?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 22 August 2019, 18:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi!

maybe with an authenticator you can achieve that.

Can you explain the project a little more?
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@psias Am I understanding right that you want them to attend a session and fill out a survey to get credit for being there? If the session is in person you could have them enter a URL or scan a QR code to enter the survey and have them enter some sort of identification (email address, ID number, etc.) or authenticate (if you have that option) in order to track them. If this is not what you had in mind, can you provide additional detail?
Hi yes. I've been working in Qualtrics for a while since it was passed down I've never had to do a survey that I guess it's gonna have triggers. I'm doing surveys for our education department and it's for the nurses continuing education credits. I observed the previous co-worker doing this but I never had to. I think what she did was set triggers so if they go to certain parts of the conference they would get the credit for that particular session. Hope I being clear.
@VirginiaM oh yes I know how to do those but I'm not familiar with making it flow to where they can choose the sessions that they attend and only get credit for those sessions. Hope I'm clear.
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@psias can you have a multi-select question with the names of each session, they check each one they attended, and if there are follow-up questions for the sessions they can go in individual blocks where the respondents will be directed based upon their selections? This won't be easy if there are a whole lot of sessions though.
If using QR codes, I've also created a different one for each session that directs respondents to individual blocks of questions in the same survey. In order for this to work the survey has to allow for multiple completions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
1. You will need internet access to do this in the easiest fashion. This can still be done without internet access, but you will need to combine your results once everything has been collected (just a few extra manual steps).
2. Best Option: Create 1 survey project for each session and at the end of the survey create an embedded data field called (session's name) and set it equal to "complete". Not Best Option (because ppl can cheat): Create 1 survey project and make each session a distinct block. As which session they are attending at the top and branch to the appropriate block. Add an embedded data field called (session/block name) and set it equal to true after each session block. Add an end of survey element after the embedded data block for each session block.
3. With either choice, have participants authenticate by setting an authenticator block at the top of the survey (this way you know who is taking the survey).
4. Set a contact list trigger to update the mailing list used for the authenticator block with the embedded datas from the surveys (this way you have 1 file with who did/didn't complete which sessions(s)).
5. If you wont' have a mailing list of potential participants before the event, create a simple registration survey that must be completed before taking the other survey and ask for email, first name, last name, employee number(?), etc. Set contact list triggers from this collected data to create the mailing list that the authenticator blocks reference.

Leave a Reply