export graphics file names with survey responses | XM Community
Solved

export graphics file names with survey responses

• 5 September 2019
  • 3 replies

i'm creating personalized surveys with 100 images where each image has the same 3 questions asked about it. the survey consists of a series of blocks where each block contains an image from the Graphics library folder and the three questions underneath.

when i export the survey responses, it only shows the questions and responses. i want to export the graphics file names (as it's stored in the Graphics library) as well. at the very least, i'd like to export the file names of the graphics in each survey along with which question number it's associated with. for example, Q1 contains 55199454461565768312_n.jpg.

is there an way to do this that i'm missing?
icon

Best answer by TomG 6 September 2019, 13:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can add the graphic name to the question label:
!

If you are asking the same three questions for all the images, you should consider using a loop & merge block. Then you would have just one block and you would add the loop & merge field (e.g. ${lm://Field/1}) to the question label.
this does seem to solve the problem but i don't actually want to show a question label. Qualtrics should definitely have a way to do this outside of adding display text.

incidentally, i ended up using the loop and merge which i tried earlier but thought didn't work. but the problem was i wasn't using HTML... i mention this only bc another one of @TomG's response to a different question helped me realize this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @mmc said:
> this does seem to solve the problem but i don't actually want to show a question label. Qualtrics should definitely have a way to do this outside of adding display text.

I'm not sure I follow, but if it helps the the Question Label only shows up in Reporting or a Data Export. The respondent doesn't see it.

Leave a Reply