How can I email the complete score results to participants? | XM Community
Question

How can I email the complete score results to participants?

• 9 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I've created a test for students to take online. At the end of the exam, students can see their overall score and how they scored on each individual question. I want to email students these results via email, but have not found a way to do so.

Example of Scoring Results (not from my actual quiz):

!

I learned how to email a summary report or allow students to download that report after completing the test. This method, however, does not show which answers are correct or incorrect and do not provide a total score. I also know how to email students their overall score using piped text, and how to send students custom email messages based on an overall score threshold. But again, this method does not allow me to email students what specific questions that got incorrect.

If anyone can help me with emailing the complete scoring results to students, please let me know!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I could see you doing this with display logic and descriptive text questions. For example, you could have a block at the end of your test that has a descriptive text question for each of your test questions and then only display each of them if the correct answer for the corresponding question was not provided.
Thanks for the reply @JenCX ! My test is divided into several blocks that randomly select questions out of a large question bank (roughly 225 questions), and I'm worried your approach might be prohibitively time consuming. Plus, I want to display all questions attempted, not just incorrect answers. Is there any way to email the scoring results that Qualtrics automatically generates at the completion of each test? The scoring guide contains all the information I'm looking for in an easy to read fashion:

!

Leave a Reply