How do I use topic categories to calculate NPS Key Drivers? | XM Community
Question

How do I use topic categories to calculate NPS Key Drivers?

• 10 September 2019
  • 5 replies

We have created our topic categories and now want to determine the topics that have the greatest impact on NPS. However we're not sure how best to do this. Any recommendations?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Key driver analysis in dashboard?
Thanks. To clarify, we are not sure if it is possible to determine the key drivers based on topic categories and if it is, how it is done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
> @Jamie0212 said:
> Thanks. To clarify, we are not sure if it is possible to determine the key drivers based on topic categories and if it is, how it is done.

Oh, I assumed it was possible, now i checked and nope.. 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
This is because key driver analysis needs some numeric value for the sake of analysis (correlation in general requires 2 sets of numeric values).

Would Topic Sentiment or Topic Polarity work? (haven't tested, but they are numeric outputs).
Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Yes, you can do it. You would need to create first a dashboard.  Once created, there is a widget called “Text iQ table” which will calculate the sentiment of your topics and what is the relative importance of those topics against an output variable (in this case NPS).  Those values with higher importance are more likely to affect , positively or negatively, the NPS. so they can be consider your key drivers. Of course, you would need a further analysis as this is not 100% accurate, and also pay some attention to the classification of topics, if the classification is not accurate, the result of the relative importance analysis will fail. 

Leave a Reply