How can we avoid survey bombardment? | XM Community
Question

How can we avoid survey bombardment?

• 4 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Hi there!
I am new to qualtrics and trying to understand the Contact Frequency feature under Contact---->Directory Settings.

Previous staff has setup the following two customized rules for specific survey as well as the list. I need help in interpreting the lingo and if this can be applied to our situation.

AA)Specify how much time needs to pass after the last message a contact received before being able to receive this survey. XX Days
BB) Limit how many survey invites contacts can receive when messages are sent to this list. XX msgs per day/week/month.

_In first scenario_, I am interpreting this rule as, irrespective of when the SPECIFIC survey is distributed, the contact will only get this specific survey after 180 days from the last message sent.

My question is, this is a brand new survey but the list has received other surveys in the past. What exactly is "the last message" and how do I know when was the last message sent?

In the second scenario, my assumption is that the specified list will only get ANY 1 survey invite per month.

Basically, to give an overview, we have multiple weekly surveys going out to multiple lists. Typical scenario would be, survey X, Y, and Z goes out every week and the lists keeps changing. We want to make sure that those who have taken survey X in that week, must not get survey Y and Z in the same week.

I hope I am able to frame it well, but I am sure those familiar with contact frequency feature would know exactly what we are trying to accomplish. Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Can you provide a few screenshots of the rules that are configured in the system? I think that will help with an accurate interpretation & explanation of how the rules work.
Badge +2
Hi Keir,
Sure. please see the two screenshots. One is for "Survey" Frequency and the other one is for "List" Frequency. Hopefully this would help. Let me know.

!
!

Leave a Reply