Beginners Qualtrics Questions | XM Community
Solved

Beginners Qualtrics Questions

• 7 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

Thanks very much for allowing me to join the forum. I am a PhD student and I will be using Qualtrics in the upcoming months. However, I am working on a funding application at the moment and I have a few questions about the software.

Firstly, I was just wondering whether it is possible to view the demographics of the respondents before stopping data collection? I have used Questback previously and it was possible to view the percentage of males and females that had completed the survey before it was closed. This allowed me to send a second recruitment email encouraging more males to participate, which was a relief since gender was one of my variables of interest.

I was also wondering whether there is a guide on how to carry out longitudinal studies using Qualtrics? In my current draft, I have stated that a key will be generated separate from email addresses to link participants' data from the two time-points, but I want to ensure that this information is accurate.

Many thanks
icon

Best answer by JenCX 7 October 2019, 18:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Congratulations on pursuing your PhD! Yes, to both of your questions.

You can check the demographics of the respondents in two ways:
1. Set up a quota that takes no action once the quota is filled. You can view this to see where your specific demographics are
2. Set up a filter on your data and analysis tab to show you a count of respondents who meet your criteria

Then, you can use XM Directory to see data from a single participant on two studies. You can also bring in information from the first study into the second survey for analysis in the aggregate, if you choose.
Thanks very much @JenCX, much appreciated!!

Leave a Reply