Updating Survey to enable Back Button | XM Community
Solved

Updating Survey to enable Back Button

• 15 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I am pretty new to Qualtrics, so I apologize in advance:) I created a survey in which the Back Button option was not enabled. I published the survey and sent it out to recipients. A few of the recipients are reporting that they skipped through the survey but now want to go back and cannot. I would like to now enable the Back Button, but am wondering if once I do this I need to republish the survey and send out another link to it. And if I do need to do this, will responses to the second link still be stored with responses to the first link that was sent? Or will these end up being stored in two separate places.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Gail
icon

Best answer by VirginiaM 15 October 2019, 20:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@gmonderak this really depends on what survey options you have applied. Did you use anonymous links? If so, you should be able to add a back button and publish the survey, and those who have not yet opened the survey will have the back button option. However, those who already opened the survey and skipped through will be taken back to where they left off (assuming they are able to get back in--do you have the survey set up to allow them to take it more than once?). They can get around this by opening the link in an incognito/private window in order to see the back button.
Thanks so much, Virginia! I do not have the anonymous links turned on and respondents can take it more than once. So I am thinking that I should advise anyone having issues to access the link through a different browser so that they can start the survey again. The only issue I see is that I do have the survey set to record partial completions and may need to weed those out after all survey results are in. Otherwise I could have an impartial response as well as a completed response for the same participant. If my logic is faulty, please let me know!

Thanks again for your help!
Gail
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Just make sure you do not have branches, or your respondents will not be able to use Back button

Leave a Reply