Limit the amount of items displayed within a block | XM Community
Solved

Limit the amount of items displayed within a block

• 18 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a block that contains only conditional questions, so the number of questions varies between participants, based on answers they previously give. I would like to limit the amount of questions that are displayed. So a participant that qualifies to see 12 questions and a participant that qualifies to see 50 questions both just see a maximum of 10 questions.
Is this possible at all?
As an alternative, is it possible to limit the amount of answers a participant can give per block, so that the participant that sees 52 questions can only answer 10 of them?

Thank you for your help!
icon

Best answer by JenCX 18 October 2019, 21:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Yes, this is possible but it might be cumbersome to create. The first way I can think of to do this is to use Question Randomization. However, I'm not sure how the hierarchy works: aka if the randomizer picks a question that is not displayed, does it still count as a presented option? You'll want to test this.

If that doesn't work, you can create a block for each of the questions you want to limit, then use the Randomizer in the survey flow. You'll want to use nested branch logic in front of each option that matches your display logic. This will only use that block (aka question) in the randomizer IF the condition is met. It's just a lot of manual work to set it up, so I recommend trying the first method before attempting this.

Leave a Reply