Can you make embedded data display later in your survey as a website link? | XM Community
Solved

Can you make embedded data display later in your survey as a website link?

• 1 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I have a survey set up as an application system. Student's have to enter website links into a text entry question. I then have an embedded data field that pipes their response to an approver for that question (embedded data is used due to a specific retake link setup) . Is there a way I can format their response as a web link so my application approvers don't have to copy and paste the link?
icon

Best answer by TomG 1 November 2019, 22:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Pipe into a html hyperlink:
```
<a href="${e://Field/link}" target="_blank">${e://Field/link}</a>
```
target="_blank" will open it in a new tab/window.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
@TomG ,

So would it just look like what I have put below and I just paste this into my survey section that displays the piped value or am I getting this wrong? Thanks so much for the response above. I tried to paste my whole response a minute ago, but i guess it formats the html here. Basically, would it just be replacing ${e://Field/link} with ${e://Field/intProviderWebsite}

<a href="${e://Field/intProviderWebsite}" target="_blank">${e://Field/intProviderWebsite}</a>
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @over3520 said:
> Basically, would it just be replacing ${e://Field/link} with ${e://Field/intProviderWebsite}
Yes.

For future reference, to post html/JS on the Community, put it in 'fences':
\\`\\`\\`
html/JS goes here
\\`\\`\\`
and it will look like this:
```
html/JS goes here
```
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Excellent! Thank you for the formatting reference and the link thing worked great.

Leave a Reply