Implications of "Survey Started" status in "Download History" for a one page survey | XM Community
Solved

Implications of "Survey Started" status in "Download History" for a one page survey

• 1 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I sent out a one page survey - four questions. Went to a large audience. Upon completion of the survey period, when I reviewed the Download History I saw a large number of recipients marked with "Survey Started" status, but those people didn't show up in the Data & Analysis tab as Responses in Progress; nor did they show up in Recorded Responses. Since the survey was only one page, if they answered some questions and then abandoned, my expectation was that nothing would be recorded. Is that what happened with these? Is that what makes them different than the people marked as "Survey Opened" status? Why are they not in Responses in Progress?
icon

Best answer by Kate 5 November 2019, 19:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
"Survey Started" means they clicked the survey link, but they did not reach the end. Maybe they answered a question or two; you can see in the "responses in progress" area of the data and analysis tab. "Opened" is opened the email, but did not click the survey link.
Badge +1
Thanks Kate. I don't understand why there were 600+ recipients listed with Survey Started status in the History Download, but only 74 of those recipients were listed in the "Responses in Progress" screen. That's the part I find confusing. Is there some meaning to the 500+ that never showed up anywhere else?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Responses in progress screen shows if they actaully clicked on anything, either by selecting "next" or an answer. So while 600+ at least clicked the link and had the webpage with the survey load, only 74 of them started clicking around.

I would say that does seem a little odd. But not unreasonable.Maybe people aren't seeing what they expected when they clicked your survey, so they are exiting out. Or decided they don't have time right now. Or it doesn't display well on their mobile device. Something like that which has made them leave.

The 500+ either haven't gotten the email, haven't opened the email, or their email provider won't show you they opeoned the email... anything really. I find the "started", "In progress", and "Finished" stats are reliable. Anything that is being reported by the email provider can be a little hit or miss in my experience.
Badge +1
Thank you Kate

Leave a Reply