Distribute Survey - reminder e-mail doesn't work with embedded data | XM Community
Solved

Distribute Survey - reminder e-mail doesn't work with embedded data

• 12 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding distribute survey option. I have my actions set up in such a way, that after finishing 1st survey, the 2nd one is sent. In my 1st survey I gather embedded data (demographics, login ID and other vital data, as it is longitudinal study). I use this data in my distribution survey option via e-mail and they work fine - e-mails contain embedded data.

But the same embedded data is not visible, when reminder e-mails are sent and I don't know why. Do you have any ideas? Below I attach screenshots of survey flows for both surveys.

!
!
!

The experiment starts with "wstep_cz1" (1st and 3rd screenshot) survey and it distributes survey "nawyk_cz. 2.1" (2nd screenshot)

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Kate 18 November 2019, 17:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
If embeded data is created in Survey 1, then you need to assocaite it with the panelists in order to see it on Survey 2. Are you using contact list triggers?

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/contact-list-triggers/
Kate,

thank you for your response. Yes, I have contact list triggers set up, below you can find screenshot of contact list triggers options for "wstep_cz1" survey.

!

I'd like to stress that all embedded data created in Survey 1 is working on Survey 2. The only problem is with reminder set up for distribute survey action - embedded data is not working ONLY in this option.

I also don't understand what you mean by "panelists", I'd be grateful for explanation.

Thank you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
"Panelists" is the set of people you send the survey too. Just survey-lingo for people 🙂 It is just a nice distinction since it helps indicates where the data is stored.

If you have the contact list trigger set up to the same list, then by all means that should be working. I would contact support- this looks like a technical glitch, not a user error.

Leave a Reply