How to avoid scrolling to the right to read the text in the Highlight question? | XM Community
Solved

How to avoid scrolling to the right to read the text in the Highlight question?

• 12 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi Qualtrics community,

We are trying out the text highlight question for the first time. We are posting a paragraph describing a character and would like our survey participants to highlight bits that resonate with them, and those that do not. To make it easier, we are grouping some words together.

However:
- On mobile, the text is not fully displayed if the group of words is too long (people would have to scroll on the right side to see it). We expect a natural line break even though the word group maintains.
- On desktop, there is the same issue. Since the screen is larger, the content is displayed but does not look good.

Do you have any idea on how to solve this bug? This impacts the reading of the text.

Many thanks,
Joanne!
!
icon

Best answer by TomG 12 November 2019, 18:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
For some reason I don't understand, Qualtrics puts non-breaking spaces between the words in the highlight text. You can use JavaScript to change them to regular spaces.
@TomG This sounds a really interesting idea! I'm not so familiar with Javascript. Would you mind giving me some inputs on how to change these non-breaking spaces into regular spaces? Thanks a lot for your help!

Leave a Reply