How can I get a trigger based on a future date | XM Community
Solved

How can I get a trigger based on a future date

• 12 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I am looking for a trigger email to go out if a selected date answer to a question is greater than two weeks from today. I cannot get this to work through an action or a trigger.
icon

Best answer by ClairJ 20 November 2019, 18:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @maindanger what type of question are you using to collect the date answer in the survey? Validated text entry, date picker, ...?
Userlevel 1
Badge
date picker. I would like a trigger, action or flow to send an email to a specific party based on if the entered date is greater than 14 days from today.
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hmm, I can't get the date picker to work in my account, so I'm having a hard time exploring it myself. And the structure of the other date questions don't work well with actions, which I'm guessing is what you're experiencing. I know it's clunky, but you could try the workaround of asking respondents whether the date they picked is at least two weeks from today and build your action based on that question.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Good idea, that would be a more effective fix. I always try to take the thinking out for humans but this might be one case where its not possible yet. Thank you!

Leave a Reply