Automatic personalized e-mail invitation when user added to contact list | XM Community
Solved

Automatic personalized e-mail invitation when user added to contact list

• 13 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
Hi,

I have a question in a research survey that invites the respondent to enter an email to refer another individual to the study. I have set up a contact list trigger so that if respondents enter an e-mail here, their referral e-mail address gets stored in a contact list, along with some other details. I would like to send an automatic e-mail invitation to the individual referred by the respondent as soon as the respondent completes the survey. In other words, I would like to trigger an e-mail invitation to specific individuals as soon as they are added to a contact list.

I am not certain this is possible, but so far I can only send e-mails to the entire list at once. I do not want to send multiple e-mails to the entire list. I would like each referred individual to be invited into the survey very soon after the respondent who referred them completes the survey. I need to automate this given that it is not feasible to do this manually.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
icon

Best answer by TomG 14 November 2019, 16:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27
Hi @ColinScott42

I have an idea but i don't know if it fits you

you can add the email as a contact trigger but also create an email trigger with the anonymous link and the invitation. and you can put the piped text for the email containing that answer in the to email field in the trigger
Badge +3
Thanks Ana! This is very helpful and I will play around with this some more. I think this might not be the best course of action for our project's needs as I would like to have the ability to send reminders through the contact list if necessary which I cannot do with the anonymous link. Though, perhaps this would be a good plan B. Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@ColinScott42,

You can use an Action to run a web service task that uses the Qualtrics API to schedule an email distribution (and reminders if you want).
Badge +1

Hi there, I have a related question, which is why I am posting it here. I want to run an online experiment on Qualtrics. Most things are clear to me, but my set up is a bit special so I am not sure how to best (if possible ) achieve the below points on Qualtrics:
Lets say I have a contact list with 3 contact (columns are email adresses and VALUE A) and and a survey with 1 question. In reality there are thousands of adresses and more question, but that should not matter for the solution as long as it is automized.

1. I want autmatically select one individual (Participant 1) of the contact list to begin with the survey (based on VALUE A).

2. Once this participant is done, a) their response on question 1 is stored in the contact list as VALUE B (I can achieve this with contact list trigger), and b) and invite to the survey is sent to the next participant (Participant 2) in the contact list, again based on VALUE A. So it is a sequential setup.

3. Furthermore I need that Participant 2 sees what participants 1 had answered in question 1 - (and later Participant x should see the information of all Participant x-1). I think this could be done by having them all on the same survey, but creating a seperate Block for each participant which is only visible to them (and then piping the infomation in to downstream participants or b) by having seperate surveys and pipe in the information from the contact list, which was stored in 2a as VALUE B.

4. I need the survey link of either participant to be de-activated, once they fill in their survey (usually that should be easy, just not sure what happens if I have the same link for several participants as suggested in 3a), because it should then not deactivate for all of them.

I am happy for suggestions to any or all of these points 🙂 What I am mostly struggling is the automated sequential strugge: so how to trigger an email invite to a person from the contact list as an action, once the partipant before is done, and selecting the participant based on a value in the contact list. Currenly I only see inviting the whole list at once, or just inviting a single individual by typing their mail.
One option would possibly to oustource some of the task through API and redirects, but would be nice to achieve as much as possible within qualtrics.

Best wishes
Robin

Leave a Reply