How to let a survey respondent choose a Multiple-Choice Answer more than once? | XM Community
Question

How to let a survey respondent choose a Multiple-Choice Answer more than once?

• 12 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Been searching for a while and haven't been able to find an answer so my apologies if this has already been asked.

I'm trying to create a question multiple-answer multiple choice question where I limit the total answers but I want respondents to be able to choose a single answer more than once.

For example, if the limit is 3, they could choose 1 of 3 different options, or 2 of 1 option and 1 of another, or 3 of a single option.

Is this possible in Qualtrics survey platform? I'm not familiar with JavaScript but open to suggestions on how to solve this via Java as well.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
If you have a multiple answer matrix table, you may have to create Custom Validation for the different scenarios respondents may select within the matrix.

!

For example, this is one part of Custom Validation for what you are describing.

!

You would need to create another Logic Set within the same Custom Validation for if the respondent selected 2 on column 1 and 1 on column 2, a set for 3 on column 1 and none on column 2, a set for 1 on column 1 and 2 on column 2, etc.

Leave a Reply