Dashboard Page sharing for Vocalize Users | XM Community
Question

Dashboard Page sharing for Vocalize Users

• 13 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge
Is there a setting under the User Settings that can enable dashboard page sharing for Vocalize Users, as oppose to just create Private Pages?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Chrissien, You can enable dashboard page sharing via Share option within the dashboard. When you add user email id in the Share dialogbox, you will see options to apply restrictions at page level, permission etc. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
If I understand correctly @chrissien is looking for the following
- Dashboard creator (User A) shares a dashboard with view permissions to User B
- User B can now view the dashboard but wants to share with User C but the share button isn't there.

Please test giving User B full Export permission. I believe they should be able to email the dashboard to another user (and include a link). If not then It looks like the only permission that can also share is "Edit" so if User B was given Edit permission then they could also share.

One way around this would be by default to give all or a group of users View access to the dashboard from the beginning. They wouldn't need to be notified but would have access. Then other users who had export permission could email the dashboard which could include a link.

I hope that helps.
Badge
Thanks @Eesh. I have enabled that option for users. Thing is, these Vocalize type users can now only create "private" pages, which cannot be shared with other users. Would like to enable them to share dashboard pages that they have created.
Badge
Thanks @MattBroffman_Orlando . You got the scenario right. But yes, I did test by giving them full export permissions. Unfortunately, sharing the dashboard via email doesnt give the users on the other end full access to the dashboard functionalities like filtering. But thanks for this!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I'm assuming that there is little to no risk in your case of giving someone access to the dashboard. If that's the case, did you try giving all users View access to the dashboard by default? Then when a user shares (via the export email) it should take them to the dashboard that they already have access to.

If you have security issues giving all users access then that's exactly why it's set up this way so that someone you gave limited access to the dashboard can't share without admin setting up.

While I could see an argument to let users share their level of access with others. e.g. someone who is the manager of a group may only have access to their groups' view and want to share that with their employees...but again if that's the case then when you gave them manager access you could also provision anyone in the managers "group" to have access to view as well. I would think 99% of the time you'd want to control who has access to what data...or you'd be willing to give everyone access. Curious what your use case is.

Leave a Reply