Action: either do one or the other | XM Community
Question

Action: either do one or the other

• 21 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Dear Qualtrics community,

In one of my surveys, I am trying to use the actions when a response is recorded.
Action 1 says when question A gets response 1 or question B gets response 2, insert case, task and survey response in Salesforce and link them to the same account.
Action 2 says in every other case, insert task and survey response in Salesforce (so no case) and link them to the same account.
Setup condition in action 1 is easy, but setting up action 2 is much harder.
How can I set conditions where I am sure I won't miss some responses ?

(Having a separate action only for the case is not working, because when they are fired together, Salesforce refuses twice inserts at the same time on the same account).

Thank you for your time.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Have you tried if question A is not 1 and question B is not 2, then insert task and survey response in SFDC?

Let me know if I'm not understanding the problem or if that doesn't work.
Dear JenCX,

Well I hope this is not the only way, because my real life situation is much more complex than my example. I have around 20 lines of conditions, with both "and" and "or" mixed. That's why I am afraid that if I go this route, I risk missing some cases.

The best option for me would be : if action 1 didn't trigger, action 2 triggers. If there something like that?

Leave a Reply