Display logic for choices is not working? | XM Community
Question

Display logic for choices is not working?

• 24 January 2020
  • 4 replies

So I have a question where respondents have to rate certain things on a scale from 0 - 100. There is also the choice of adding your own option, and then rating that as well

!

What I would like to achieve is that the second and third "other" choices only appear if someone writes something in the first "other" choice. I tried doing this using the display logic like this

!

but nothing happens then, it just doesn't work.

I asked earlier a similar question to this, but then the answer suggested that I should enter the next "other" as a new question and not as a new choice. But this is not ideal due to the way it is displayed, because then it appears on the next page, but I want it to remain on the same page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
In - page option display logic does not work. We need to use JS for such setup
Hmmm, ok, any tips on how to do that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
> @vamarci said:
> Hmmm, ok, any tips on how to do that?

On Inspecting the element, check the IDs of last two option and hide them. On Keypress event of the first text option show the last two option. Also, hide if first textbox gets blank.
> @rondev said:
> > @vamarci said:
> > Hmmm, ok, any tips on how to do that?
>
> On Inspecting the element, check the IDs of last two option and hide them. On Keypress event of the first text option show the last two option. Also, hide if first textbox gets blank.

Ok, sorry, maybe I wasn't quite clear. I do not know much about Javascript or programming, so I also don't know how to do what you just described.
If not too complicated, could you explain how to do this / where to paste what code, how to find IDs?
Thanks in advance!

Leave a Reply