Can I create a question with multiple text box answers AND an option to add more if needed? | XM Community
Solved

Can I create a question with multiple text box answers AND an option to add more if needed?

• 9 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I want to have a question where the participant is listing something. I've figured out the Javascript to have multiple text boxes in one question (without labels) but I also want participants to have the option to add more boxes (such as a plus sign) if they have more to say. The picture I've attached is sort of what I'd want it to look like. I assume I would need Javascript so would someone also be able to tell me what the Javascript would be?

!
icon

Best answer by TomG 9 March 2020, 23:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can't have an unlimited number of boxes. Qualtrics won't record what it doesn't know about. You have to define the maximum number and hide all but the first three, then show the next one when the plus sign is clicked.
Thank you Tom!

Hi TomG any ideas how to accomplish this javascript? I have the exact same need as JET but am at a loss on how to hide certain boxes, add the plus sign, and unveil new boxes upon click of the plus.

Leave a Reply