Solved

How to distribute a Survey Director url

• 10 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies
I made some logic in the Survey Director, and generated a link from it.
How can I distribute this link?
When I try an email distribution, it is mandatory to have a Survey Link.
But, a Survey Director link is not an option on the Survey Link Types ...

Kr
Joyca
icon

Best answer by ElliotVW 10 March 2020, 17:05

View original

7 replies

Badge +2
Hi @JoycaV,

The survey director can only generate links and isn't integrated into the survey email distribution feature. You can essentially treat as an anonymized survey link, so you could post it on a website, social media page, or integrate it into a web intercept project. Not sure what your exact use case is, but it may not have the capabilities you're looking for.

Cheers,

Elliot V.W.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi @ElliotVW,
The Survey Director has the exact capabilities that I was looking for.
What I want to achieve, is described here:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/8268/how-to-add-embedded-data-to-a-survey-invite-on-email-distribution#latest
So I'm periodically distributing the same survey, and need the number of the period/iteration as an embedded data field with the replies. So the Date condition from Survey Director is perfect, as I can make settings for the Embedded data in the Survey Director too.
So the only thing that I'm suck on then is the distribution. I guess I'll just need to email it manually then, instead of through Qualtrics...
Badge +2
Hi @JoycaV,

Survey director is definitely a very useful tool in this case and manual distribution will get the job done. If you have a large sample and don't want to manually email the invite, I think you can work around the limitations of the survey email distribution feature.

I'd create a dummy survey with email invites that hide the dummy survey link (as you've seen you can't send an email without a link to the actual survey) and insert your survey director link. You could hide the dummy survey link by making its font super small, changing its color to match the background the email, and placing it at the bottom of the email.

Cheers,

Elliot V.W.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
> @ElliotVW said:
>
> You could hide the dummy survey link by making its font super small, changing its color to match the background the email, and placing it at the bottom of the email.
>

Nice.
That would be better than manual distribution. Because otherwise I can't send reminder mails.
Or... hmm... will Qualtrics know who completed the survey with the Director link 😕
Badge +2
Hi @JoycaV,

Qualtrics wouldn't be able to send reminder emails since it would be referencing the status of the dummy survey rather than your actual survey. To work around this, you could create an email template for reminders and separate mailing lists based on respondent's completion status. If doing through the Qualtrics platform isn't necessary and you have access to Outlook, mail merge is a pretty powerful tool for bulk emails.

Cheers,

Elliot V.W.
Hi I would like to know how to create a links in my survey so that respondents could go to the specific survey through the link as well open another link to enter their name for a draw.

Hello, I would like to know how to create links in my survey so that respondents could go to the specific survey through the link and open another link to enter their name for a draw.

February 2021

Leave a Reply