How to fix Map View Country name

• 16 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies
Dear,
In our survey, we have used the "List of Countries" question from the Qualtrics Template Library in the Demographics section.
This template country list has "United States of America" and "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" among its values.
Those values are not supported by the Map View widget in CX Dashboards apparently.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/other-widgets/map-view-widget/#FieldTypeCompatibility
_"The United States of America must always be written as United States
United Kingdom cannot be abbreviated as UK"_
So I tried to Recode Values in the Survey to "United Kingdom".
In Data&Analysis this value now shows.
But the Map View widget still refuses to accept it.
In the Dashboard Data, on the Country field, in the Recode Editor, it now shows:
185 - United Kingdom [United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland]
between [] is a dropdown list. In this dropdown list there's still the long name. The short name doesn't show up.
How can I fix the widget?
(and why does the Qualtrics Template question have these values while its dashboards won't accept it...)

Kr
Joyca
icon

Best answer by ChristianB 11 June 2020, 20:11

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hi JoycaV ! If you have not yet already, I’d recommend reviewing this support page on Recoding Dashboard Fields to help you get started. It may also be useful to try recoding to the ISO ALPHA-3 codes if the country names are still causing problems. If you still have questions after reviewing the linked support pages, you'll want to reach out to the  Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi ChristianB ,
The Recoding Dashboard Fields is exactly what's not working.
"But the Map View widget still refuses to accept it.
In the Dashboard Data, on the Country field, in the Recode Editor, it now shows:
185 - United Kingdom [United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland]
between [] is a dropdown list. In this dropdown list there's still the long name. The short name doesn't show up."
Here's a screenshot of that explanation.
So I recoded the value in the survey, but the dashboard refuses to take over that recoding. It only shows the old values.
image.png

Badge

Hi JoycaV! I'd recommend reaching out to our CX Dashboards specialty Support team on this issue. Given that you've been troubleshooting with the typical steps we would recommend here, we may need to escalate this issue onward to our internal teams to get a better idea of what's going on.

Leave a Reply