How to show/hide specific responses within a Descriptive Text question | XM Community
Question

How to show/hide specific responses within a Descriptive Text question

• 26 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hi,
I've got a large survey, where people need to review specific 'activities' and indicate if they 'Do' or 'Need to do' those activities (displayed in a single select matrix).
At the end, I need to display a summary view of only the Activities that they 'Need to do', broken out by section.
Ideally - want to show in this one Descriptive Text page -- the title of the sub-section and then the list of the Activities they need to do within that section.
Thoughts on how to do this? I've looking into Carry Forward, Display Logic, etc. -- but coming up short.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can use carry forward option but for each matrix question you need to have a single question, so you need to remove any space between question, so they appear as single question.

OR

You can also create a text description for each statement of matrix question and apply display logic to them, if for respective statement "Need to do is selected". and again remove space between these description question

OR

Using JS, you can capture the statement for which "Need to do is selected" on the fly/ runtime and store it in embedded data. Then simply pipe this embedded data where required.

Leave a Reply