Embedded youtube videos - play only once, no related videos | XM Community
Solved

Embedded youtube videos - play only once, no related videos

• 27 May 2018
  • 6 replies

I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a bit of coding? I am trying to find a way to make a URL for an embedded youtube video where it doesn't 'show related videos' at the end of the video, AND you can only play the video once. There are some bits under the 'embed / more' thingy on youtube' where you can do one or the other, but not both! Do you have any thoughts? Google is not being massively helpful.
icon

Best answer by mattyb513 29 October 2018, 17:23

View original

6 replies

Badge +2
I have the same question. Diod you find a solution?
Alas, I didn't. I had to come up with a slightly convoluted work-around - I only wanted the videos to play audio, (not video), so I have put in my own audio tracks and set the page to move on after a certain length of time so that participants can't listen twice.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
This is no longer possible as of Sep 25. The best you can do is specify that the related videos come from that channel - More info here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters#release_notes_08_23_2018
Badge +2
Indeed, the new YouTube does not let you deisable related vdìideso. So I simnply downloadede the video, made it less tha 16Gb and uploaded into Qualtrics. From there, you have a lot of options.
I'm still wondering if it is possible to stop the youtube videos from showing the related videos afterwards (maybe by pausing the video automatically at the end). Could someone tell me? As you may notice I'm not a technical talent.

Kind regards
Badge +2
> @RonavdDussen said:
> I'm still wondering if it is possible to stop the youtube videos from showing the related videos afterwards (maybe by pausing the video automatically at the end). Could someone tell me? As you may notice I'm not a technical talent.
>
> Kind regards

Did you try to add "?rel=0" at the end of embed video link?

Leave a Reply