How to get rid of information, watch later and share at the top of a Youtube video and logo | XM Community
Question

How to get rid of information, watch later and share at the top of a Youtube video and logo

• 22 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am trying to get rid of the name, watch later and share buttons on the top of the YouTube videos I am presenting. I have included the showinfo=0 bit in my code but it doesn't seem to work. I also want to get rid of the YouTube logo and have included modestbranding=1 but this also doesn't work. This is my code:

I am wondering if there is maybe something in YouTube's settings that doesn't allow this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I tried this but didn't got any success, so found alternative to disable the clicks on iframe. To do this add a class attribute to iframe as

and in the look and feel CSS add below style:
.vid { pointer-events:none}

Badge

Hey!
Thanks so much for your response! I tried your suggestion but it appears that it stops you from clicking anywhere. So participants can't even press play. I guess maybe you have the videos play automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes in my case the videos play automatically, so you can create a button, on click of which you can play youtube video ( use youtube embed video API )

Badge

I don't really understand. I used the embed code from Youtube and have put it in the rich text bit. But I'm not sure how I can automatically play my video? Would you mind sharing your code for your video? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you are fine with auto play video then below is the code

Leave a Reply