Embedded Date that prevents completion of a survey | XM Community
Question

Embedded Date that prevents completion of a survey

• 23 April 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a unique use for a survey that we want to run where the survey must be completed by a specific date for different users in the same contact list. some may need to complete by may 1, some may need to complete by may 15, some june 1. I would like to be able to display the embedded date in the email that is sent to them and inside the survey - that's not a problem. but here's what i was envisioning - is it possible to place validation on that embedded date so that it will not allow someone to continue to the next section if this date is past the current date? i know it sounds complex but i'm trying to find a creative solution rather than producing 11 different distributions of a survey and setting up many different reminder emails for those who have not finished.

thank you in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Create a column in contact list of end date, capture this end date in survey embedded data. In the header, create onReady function whcih will compare current date and end date, if it is past then show the required message and hide the Next button. This will not allow respondent to move forward and they will close the survey window.

Leave a Reply