create a QR code that takes a user to a block | XM Community
Question

create a QR code that takes a user to a block

• 24 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a sort of strange query. I've created a survey that is designed for children but will be sent to adults who are parents. The information for the survey and corresponding parental consent boxes are in BLOCK 1. Once they complete the consent, the parents are taken to BLOCK 2 which is sort of buffer page which tells the parents to either hand the device they are currently using to their children which will take them to BLOCK 3 which has a child consent form.
My issue is that...on BLOCK 2 (buffer page), I want to also give an option for parents to let their child scan a QR code with their own personal devices so that they can go straight to the child consent page (BLOCK 3). I cannot seem to find a way to make the url for each block unique so that I can make this happen. I'm not sure if this is a session ID issue.
I'm not super technical but I think I could do some code edits if this is what is needed to make this happen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANK YOU!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Assuming you are distributing the survey via email (parent's email)
After the parent consent question, in the buffer page use this jquery (use cdn for qrcode js) to create QR code in runtime. In the text of the QR code use this piped text - "${e://Field/Q_URL}" which is the unique link of the survey. Ask parents to scan the QR code and press next button so that when child opens the survey it gets the child block.

Hi Rondev,

Just to clarify, will this create a QR/hyperlink that takes the next user (child) straight to BLOCK 3?
The only reason I ask is that the QR distribution to the beginning of the survey can be carried out via the Distribution Options in Qualtrics so this is not what I'm after. Sorry to ask, I'm still new to Qualtrics. Ideally I don't want parents to be involved at all beyond BLOCK 2 (buffer page), but I understand maybe this is a limitation of the software.

Leave a Reply