Can anyone help me with Java script/code for timing in Qualtrics? | XM Community
Question

Can anyone help me with Java script/code for timing in Qualtrics?

• 12 May 2020
  • 2 replies

We are using Qualtrics to test students. We want the total time for the exam to be 55 minutes. We have three blocks of questions that each student will be able to take. We plan to randomize the questions and answers within each of the three blocks, but we want the timing for the total exam to be 55 minutes. If a student doesn't finish within the 55 minutes we want the exam to auto submit (no matter which block they are on). Currently, the only solution I have is to put each question into a block, but it seems lengthy and I've been told by Qualtrics that the Qualtrics Community may be able to help me with java script/code. I don't want each block to be 55 minutes, I want all three blocks to be for 55 minutes. If a clock shows for the student great, but if not, I'm fine with that too as long as it times out after 55 minutes. If anyone could help me with this I would be truly grateful. Thank you for your time and assistance.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

This post will be helpful to start the solution.

Thank you. For this information. I'm new to Qualtrics and definitely new to Java Script so I appreciate all of your help.

Leave a Reply