Salesforce response mapping permissions error | XM Community
Solved

Salesforce response mapping permissions error

• 11 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
In my Response Mapping, I am mapping to some custom fields, but I keep seeing this error message: "Error. SoapFault exception: [sf:INVALID_TYPE] INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'permissiontest__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names." The field shows up in the available fields to map to, but I still get this error message. What's going on?
icon

Best answer by Goldie 4 April 2018, 18:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hey! Sorry, it took so long for someone to get back to you! I am just now seeing this.

I have not seen that issue yet, but I understand what its saying (I'm a Salesforce/Apex Developer).

Are you still having that issue? And if so, when are you seeing it specifically?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Yes - we were never able to figure this one out.

I received this in the debug email from Qualtrics whenever my response mapping (was supposed to be) sent to Salesforce.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hmmm... One of the difficulties with Salesforce is that, even if your variable names match, any and every custom field in SF is postfixed with a `__c`.

So, if you have an object in Qualtrics called `permissiontest`, and try to map it to SF, it will be looking for a variable named `permissiontest__c`. This miiight be obvious, but it's tripped me up a bit in the past.

So, you could rename your variable in Qualtrics to match, and see if that does the trick? Have you tried that?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't look like that is the issue.

I've named the field `permissiontest__c` in the embedded data and that matched the field I selected from the drop-down in my response mapping menu.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@Goldie, the issue looks like with the "data-type" of the field which you are using to map response.

If the field in salesforce is "number" field then while response mapping you will have to select the "recode value"
If the field in salesforce is "text" field then while response mapping you will have to select "selected choice".

Hope you got it!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Thanks for the responses everyone - I actually ended up contacting Qualtrics Support with this one and got an answer. The error message text from Salesforce is pretty misleading but I'll post the solution here in case anyone else is running into this issue.

The above error occurs when the profile permissions of the Salesforce user linked to the Qualtrics account don't include Basic Access permissions (Read, Create, Edit, Delete) for the custom object the response mapping is set up for.

Common Solutions:
* Go into Salesforce as an Administrator, go into the profile assigned to the user, and edit their permissions to enable Basic Access permissions on the custom object they are mapping over to.
* If the permissions are set correctly ensure the account is linked to the user with those permissions by logging out of all browsers and then relinking the account (should sign-in on the Salesforce home page).

I had my Salesforce admin go in and update my permissions to give me edit access for the custom object and everything is working correctly now!

Leave a Reply