Using images in questions - how do I change how the selected image and non-selected images display | XM Community
Solved

Using images in questions - how do I change how the selected image and non-selected images display

• 18 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Hi,
I am using smiley faces for a feedback question but I hate how they look when they are displayed - they have a grey box around them which looks bad - the images are transparent. Also, when they are selected, they appear with a blue box around them and again look awful. I would like for the non-selected choices to be grey and the selected choice to keep its color if possible. Can anyone help me with the code for this or even where I can go to see these options.

Screenshots here:
Grey box around the images: !
Selected image: !
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 6 July 2018, 20:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @rhonaf! An answer choice is always going to change to a different background color when selected! Without using custom code, I would recommend a few changes that you can make from within the platform:
1. Change your theme to one where the selected answer choice color is a bit more subtle or neutral.
2. Edit the images so that a background color is already added. In your second image for example, the 'Excellent' answer choice option already has this white background added.
3. It looks like the answer choice may be a part of your image, instead you can remove it from the image and edit the answer choice text to a lighter color.
Userlevel 1
Badge

LaurenK Thanks for the formatting tips for using one image per choice. I'm trying to implement the same thing on one of our high volume transactional surveys. I'd also like direction how we could swap to a second image on choice selection. I posted that request here: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/15696/how-to-dynamically-change-an-choice-graphic-when-answer-is-selected/p1?new=1

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/36476#Comment_36476Hi StephenL! Community Admin/ Moderators are not able to help with any custom code. Our Developer Corner is where you'll want to ask any custom code related questions, and it looks like your post is in the right place, so let's see if other Community Members can help you find a solution. 😀

Leave a Reply