personalized e-mail: how to format embedded field | XM Community
Question

personalized e-mail: how to format embedded field

Badge +3
  • Level 1 ●
  • 20 replies

Hello, I have the following scenario:
I have a survey with several questions, and after survey completion, I want to send the respondent an e-mail containing very specific, personalised content. This content depends on which answer options the respondent has selected in the different questions.
Example: Let's say, I have two questions:

1. Which option do you like better? Options: a - This option a; b - The other option b

2. Do you use one of these? Options: c - A car; d - A bike

The respondent should now get one message per answer option: If they selected options a, b and c, they get one text block for each of these in the e-mail.
I have been able to achieve this, following this thread https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/6190#Comment_6190, by generating embedded data fields based on the selected answer options. The value of these embedded data field is the text of the message that should be shown to the respondent. I should mention, that currently, the message texts are question texts that are never shown to the respondent because this way I can format the value of the embedded data fields (e.g., add bold text and hyperlinks).
However: If I now add an email task (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/setting-up-actions/#CreatingConditions) and include the embedded data fields, I have the problem that there is alway a gap wherever an option was not selected and the corresponding message therefore is not shown:
grafik.pngI have not been able to completely remove theses whitespaces by changing the question texts which provide the text for the embedded data field that is displayed in the e-mail.
So here's my two questions:
  1. How is it possible to use the above procedure and to be able to format the e-mail? In particular, how can I get rid of the whitespaces in the e-mail?

2. Is there a better and more elegant option for pre-defining the message texts, instead of using question texts in questions that are invisible to the respondent?

Thanks for your input!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply