Survey and different languages | XM Community
Question

Survey and different languages

• 20 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Dear Qualtrics Community,
The project I am working on is targeting people who speak different languages.
Would you:
1- Set up one survey only but create one branch for each of the three languages?
Or
2- Set up 3 different surveys? If so, how do I ensure that I can easily regroup and collate all the data for each question in one place. For instance, all answers for question 1 from across the 3 surveys/languages to create (also as an example) one bar chart rather than 3.
3- Also does Qualtrics translate (enables, supports etc...) translation in different languages (for items such as commands or graphic outputs such as charts etc.?)
Many thanks
Anne-Laure

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It is recommended to use only one survey with different translation using translate feature of qualtrics.
Yes, for reports you can apply filter on 'Q_Language' embedded data, which stores the language codes in which the respondent responded.

Badge +2

Thank you rondev . How do you apply this filter?
Anne-Laure

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/28151#Comment_28151Check this source

Badge

Hi rondev ,
Would you also happen to know how it works with the distribution link if you have several languages in the survey? My survey is in EN with a FR translation. But the distribution link send you only to EN. Even when I add ?Language=FR behind the link.
Thanks in advance!
Michelle

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The text that we append to link is:
?Q_Language=FR

Leave a Reply