"Edit Multiple" feature should show up even if I've copied a survey that already has data | XM Community
Question

"Edit Multiple" feature should show up even if I've copied a survey that already has data

• 2 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,
Is there a work-around for this weird rule?
"Attention: The Edit Multiple feature is disabled as soon as you collect data on your survey. This is to prevent invalidation of your data. If you copy a survey where this feature has been disabled, the copy will also not contain the Edit Multiple feature." From: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/formatting-answer-choices/
I copy old surveys to save time reformatting and retyping entire questions, but if I can't edit multiple response options, I don't save much time. Thanks!
-Ann

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Another method is shown here

Thanks for this. Glad I'm not alone. Although the directions on that thread were clear, I cannot save a file to a .qsf and couldn't find out how to do that - seems like my computer doesn't recognize that file extension. And, I don't have a lot of interest in learning how - I just wanted to copy a dang survey and now it seems that I just have to remember my settings and apply them to each new survey. I hope Qualtrics changes this setting.

Badge +1

Hi, I might be late for the rodeo, but as the option shown by rondev was too complicated for me, I tried something else that might help. As I was creating two different surveys for different public, but needed the 'edit multiple' option, I just created a "template" survey. In it, I add questions to then use the 'edit multiple' option and just save all of them to the library. Then, back to my original survey, I just paste them. Hope that helps agillard.

Felipe.

Leave a Reply