Exporting my survey data into a csv file | XM Community
Solved

Exporting my survey data into a csv file

• 20 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I tried to export the data of my survey as csv, but I always got the first half of the columns in the csv file; the other half was missing. I did not have this problem when I exported the data into a sav (spss) file.

Could you please advise my in this matter.

Thank you,

Muhammad
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 October 2018, 11:37

View original

5 replies

Hello @WhiteDove ,

Try using Legacy Exporter

Also hope please check below post:
"Though CSV files do not have a column limit, Excel does. Excel 2003 has a limit of 256 columns and Excel 2007 has a limit of 16,000. Some surveys may have more variables than these. In these situations, the data will be stored in the downloaded CSV file, but cannot be displayed in Excel. If this is the case, you will need to find another program to view the data (SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.)."

Source- Support page
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Your file size may be heavy, can you try exporting data in legacy.
Or if it's not working download SPSS and save it to excel or CSV format.
Hi everyone, I downloaded my data from qualtrics into excel and found strange numbers. I used 5 or 6 point likert scale in my survey and when I export it into excel or directly into SPSS, it shows 60, 54, 24 numbers in some of the replies instead of 1, 2,3,4,5,or 6. I tried to change the values also in SPSS but all in vain, pls suggest anyone whats wrong with it. Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Check if you have used some sort of recoding within survey question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @gurman_matharu10! Check out this page about changing your Recode Values, even after you've collected data!

Leave a Reply