How can I set the Matrix Type to Bipolar when importing from a TXT file? | XM Community
Solved

How can I set the Matrix Type to Bipolar when importing from a TXT file?

• 7 November 2018
  • 3 replies

As the title states, how can I set the Matrix Type to Bipolar? I've been trying several combinations, but it doesn't seem to set anything. I'm familiar with the basic tags such as [[Block]], etc. I would have thought the tag / code would be [[Matrix:MatrixType:Bipolar]] or something of the sort.

I'll be eternally grateful if someone can point me in the right direction. (I've looked over the documentation several times but there's no explicit code for the matrix type) 🙂
icon

Best answer by TomG 7 November 2018, 17:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I don't think you can. I think the only sub-types supported for Matrix are SingleAnswer (default) and MultipleAnswer ([[Question:Matrix:MultipleAnswer]]). If there we a bipolar options it would probably be [[Question:Matrix:Bipolar]]. You might want to ask Qualtrics Support in case there are any undocumented options.

You probably just need to import it as a regular Likert Matrix then switch the type in the Qualtrics Editor.
Badge

Hi @TomG ! Do you know if this feature has been added? I.e., to be able to import a matrix in bipolar format.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi @TomG ! Do you know if this feature has been added? I.e., to be able to import a matrix in bipolar format.

Not according to the documentation here.

Leave a Reply