How to say "well done" or "correct answer" for a specific question within a randomised block | XM Community
Solved

How to say "well done" or "correct answer" for a specific question within a randomised block

• 16 November 2018
  • 3 replies

In my questionnaire I have some reading for the participants to do then 3 questions are presented that I am asking to ensure they understand everything so far. Its important that the questions are randomised. But I also need to have a message that comes up when they give the correct answer.

This is easy enough to do for an incorrect answer with the custom validation section and then display an error message but there is no option to display a message on the correct answer. Because the questions are randomised it won't let me use display logic to just show another question that says "Well done, that is correct" or similar.

This anyone know a way to present a correct response for particular questions within a randomised block?

Thanks in advance 😀
icon

Best answer by NiC 16 November 2018, 21:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hi @MJohnston
You can use scoring to show that they have selected the correct option
You can select it to show after every question that has been scored by going to score options and select the below highlighted option.
!
Hi @NiC

Thanks very much!

Is there anyway I can have a custom message that comes up when they click the correct answer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This can be done through CSS and JavaScript.

You should have an HTML element div within your question text and it should be initially hidden.
Based on the correct answer you can show that div element through JavaScript. You can also, place that div wherever you like through JavaScript.

Leave a Reply