Adding Embedded Data from Contact List pull different fields | XM Community
Solved

Adding Embedded Data from Contact List pull different fields

• 20 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Dears,

I am trying to add embedded data from contact list to distinguish the responses attribute (e.g. department, position). when I try to get embedded data from contact list created, the block of embedded data show all other surveys embedded data rather than only the fields of the selected contact list. so please, have anyone encountered such a case and what is the solution for that??

Best Regards,
icon

Best answer by JenCX 20 March 2019, 17:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Can you give us a bit more information? Where is it showing the other embedded data that you don't want to see? Is the embedded data that you don't want to see in the same fields (department, position) or are they entirely new fields?
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
The Embeded Data retrevied from 'Add from contact list' section is not matching the contact list fields. As shown below, my contact list has the following fields:
!

after I choose to add these fields as embedded data from my contact list, it shows all other embedded data of other projects!! nothing related to the selected contact list!!

!

Many thanks for your response dear..
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Muqaibil Ah ha, I see. Okay, you don't need to do the "Import Contacts Embedded Data". You just need to put the field name in that Set Embedded Data block you have. Without a default value, it should show 'Value will be set from panel or URL'. The 'panel' it's referring to is your contact list. Assuming you're uploading the contact list, it will pull those fields into the survey taker's record once he or she starts the survey.

You can see how this works in the help document here.
Userlevel 6
Badge +27
@Muqaibil

Hi, this happens because the new IQ directory centralizes contacts from different lists in a single directory, adding to every person all the data you upload to that email or ExternalDataReference (Depending on you deduplication cirteria)

If you do not want to have all those fields in the survey folw you can write each field manually, and make sure capitalization a spelling matches the fields in the contact list, this will work just fine
Thanks for the info. Troubleshooting this to see if it works. 😶 One of the problems I encountered was that when I initially went to the dropdown for Existing Embedded Data, it only showed Recipient Email as an option. In order for me to get it to show the other fields, I had to first add a separated embedded data section into the flow, add my 400+ user data fields, then add another separate embedded data section, and then the dropdown appears that allows me to select specific embedded data fields that I wanted included with responses.

Also, to those trying to test this out, there was about an hour latency between data (survey response) ingestion in Qualtrics and the API report. So you'll need to wait a bit to make sure the new data fields are coming through.
Badge +9

FYI this is being looked at based on another post: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/6314/when-adding-embedded-data-fields-from-contact-list-only-add-those-in-that-contact-list

Leave a Reply