Distribution - Texting a code to a number and receiving a link to survey... Incompatibility Report | XM Community
Solved

Distribution - Texting a code to a number and receiving a link to survey... Incompatibility Report

• 16 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Hi all,
My goal is to allow a mobile device to access the survey by either:
1. Scanning QR code
OR
2. Texting a code to a number & receiving a text message back with the link to the survey. (Which when clicked will open on the mobile device browser.)

What have people done to make this happen?
How do people adjust their surveys to make them no longer incompatible?
I currently have this error: "This survey is incompatible with inbound access codes." and a list of 31 incompatible items on the "Incompatible Report".

Sample survey that seems to work great and has similar question characteristics as mine.
!

Errors I am currently seeing:
"Images and text entry choices are not supported"
'Unsupported question type: Multiple choice multiple answer"
"Unsupported question type: Text/Graphic block"
"Unsupported question type: File upload"
"Unsupported question type: Meta info"

Any suggestions would be great.
icon

Best answer by KendraR 30 April 2019, 15:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Those question types are not supported in an SMS survey. You can read more about that here
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi, @JSweiz! As @jpardicusick mentioned, the errors you are seeing are because those question types are not compatible with SMS surveys. To adjust your survey so that it is compatible with SMS, you will want change the question types to one of the three supported question types: NPS©️, Single Answer Multiple Choice, or Text Entry. If you would like any assistance designing your survey so that it is compatible with SMS, feel free to reach out to our Support Team! 😀
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Just a way for someone to get a link to the survey by texting a word/phrase to a number.
Here is how it can be done:
Survey 1 - Your actual survey you want someone to take
Survey 2 - A wrapper survey with just 1 Multiple choice question
This multiple choice question may ONLY contain the URL to the Survey 1

Then, in the Distributions for Survey 2, select "SMS", enter in an "InBound Access Code"
example: TESTSURVEY, it will automatically add the "@" at the beginning.

Then select the country.

You will end up with a number that you need to text the AccessCode to.
Example: Text @TESTSURVEY to 12345.

You can use this to market your survey on posters, etc.

After a user texts that value to that number, they will receive a link back along with the title of the question.

Leave a Reply