Linking Participant's Data Across Survey | XM Community
Solved

Linking Participant's Data Across Survey

Hi,

In my study, I am asking participants to complete questionniares at three different time-points. The combination of questionnaires changes each time-point, so I was thinking that I would do a different survey for each time point. But will I be able to link up each participant's data across the different surveys in order to evaluate change for participants across time? Is this something that I would do manually or is this something that qualtrics can do for me? I have allocated each participant an "external reference ID" in qualtrics, and participants are completing surveys via individual links if that helps?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 8 May 2019, 15:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
you can use concept of retake link here, for the first time send them section 1 to complete, next time send retake link appended with section 2 qualification.... and so on.

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
To further elaborate you would want to build three blocks in your survey, one for each time period. You would then use Survey Flow to add display logic for your blocks.

You can use the retake survey link combined with query strings and email triggers or scheduled distributions to get the follow up when you need. If the follow up email should be a certain number of days after completing the first survey I recommend using email triggers, but if it is at a static date for everyone you would use the distribution feature.

In your survey flow you would have the elements:

* Embedded data - variable "Block" _set from URL or panel_
* Branch logic: if Embedded Data "Block" is Empty
* Block 1
* Branch logic: if Embedded Data "Block" Is Equal To 2
* Block 2
* Branch logic: if Embedded Data "Block" Is Equal To 3
* Block 3

To distribute this:
* First distribution can go out via your regular distribution
* Second distribution, either sent via trigger email (days between surveys) or as a reminder email (has to happen on a certain day for everyone). You would then build your retake survey link (directions in the hyperlink) and tack on "&Block=2" onto the end. That will display only block to the respondent.
* Third distribution follow the steps for second distribution but change the block number to "&Block=3"

Leave a Reply