Actions on Previously Completed Surveys | XM Community
Question

Actions on Previously Completed Surveys

• 18 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a question regarding creating actions. I am trying to create an action for sending out a delayed follow-up survey after individuals have completed the initial survey. I ended up having a few issues, including not having the follow-up survey live so the action did not complete. Is there anyway that I can essentially have an action for surveys that are already completed? Essentially, can you do retro-actions in a sense? Or can they only be completed in the moment?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
No, you can't retroactively apply an action: it executes when the survey is completed.

However, you can work around it by retaking the survey yourself and just keeping all the answers the same. There are risks to this, of course, like accidentally changing something, etc. but if it's more important that the action execute, it's possible to do it that way.
Badge

Hi, I wanted to follow up on this question because according to this tutorial on sending out links for respondents to retake their responses, it looks like you can do an action for folks with completed responses: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/
What makes it different...?

Leave a Reply