How do I use previously typed responses to becoming answers in a later question | XM Community
Solved

How do I use previously typed responses to becoming answers in a later question

• 23 March 2020
  • 2 replies

So, we have a question that has multiple text boxes to label the numbers with a typed term. From those typed answers, we want to pull them to another question, which they will be answers they can rate in a star-scaling system.

For instance; I label 1 with "Apple". Then in the next question, it asks to rate the previously typed terms. "Apple" is shown as the term which they have to rate from 1-5 stars.

Our main issue: We do not know how to get the location of the text to pull the text from. After all, the text entries are all in one question on top of each other.
icon

Best answer by ChristianB 23 March 2020, 23:38

View original

2 replies

Badge
Hi @Orchid ! If you have not yet already, I’d recommend reviewing this support page on Piped Text to help you get started. If you still have questions after reviewing the linked support pages, you'll want to reach out to the Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Orchid It sounds like Carry Forward may be an even more simple programming solution for your need since all of your labels are coming from a single question.

Leave a Reply