Calling up past response from another survey? | XM Community

Calling up past response from another survey?

• 20 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,
I understand that in Qualtrics we are able to call up previous responses in the same survey using embedded data -- basically to display a user's previous response (from an earlier question in the very same survey) to the current question the user is responding to.
However, is it possible to call up data from an entirely different survey that users have completed in the past into the current survey they are responding to? e.g. I'm running a longitudinal study where people respond to how many meals they eat a day in a series of surveys, one survey a day for a week. Is it possible for me to display the accumulative number of meals that the user has eaten as they progress through the daily surveys? Almost like a tracker or fitbit type function where users can track their past responses/activities over the week as they complete each survey.
In short, is there anyway for me to embed data from a different survey into the current survey that I am trying to program.
Any solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

4 replies

tmhamster I wonder if you can use a version of the solution (below) to apply a value to each respondent.
Pull data from previous surveys and counterbalance questions in current survey - longitudinal study
I actually have a similar question myself but I need to pull in the exact response data, so it is similar to "retaking" a survey but the second response should be stored as a new submission. The prefilled data should be possible with all question types (open text, multi select etc) . I would be interested if anyone has an idea that fixes this too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

EvaGeh - We can use "Retake as new response" in this scenario.

Thank you rondev !

Thanks for the suggestion EvaGeh I'll check out your solution!

Leave a Reply