Exclude from analysis on closed survey: Will changing setting invalidate my data? | XM Community
Question

Exclude from analysis on closed survey: Will changing setting invalidate my data?

• 16 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there. I have a several matrix questions in my survey with 1-5 scale questions plus a "N/A / did not use" option, which I added to the auto-scale Qualtrics verbiage. In analyzing my data, I see that I should have selected "exclude from analysis" for the "N/A" options, since otherwise these are included in the median calculations.
I see that I can revise the field to "exclude from analysis" (red 😵 in my native survey design, but I'm concerned that it will invalidate my data when I click publish. Can someone confirm for me if it's okay to make this change on a completed survey? Or did I need to do this at the design stage (and can't change now). I'm worried to click Publish...

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

Go ahead and make the change! Setting "exclude from analysis" won't delete or invalidate your data - it just kind of hides it so it will not be included in reports, exports, or calculations. You can change it at any time.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/formatting-answer-choices/#ExcludefromAnalysis

Leave a Reply