Anyone else getting Qualtrics XM Notifications "survey digests" | XM Community
Solved

Anyone else getting Qualtrics XM Notifications "survey digests"

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Does anyone know where "survey digests" are coming from. For a number of not great reasons I have hundreds of active survey projects. Just today I got dumped on with Survey digests for some but not all of these projects.
Who are these notifications going to?
How are they controlled?
Where can I find out more about them?
Did I miss an announcement or why wasn't it announced? I'm concerned these are also flooding my colleagues inboxes and they will be confused and worried by this.

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 18 May 2020, 19:07

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I've been getting them too. My account executive was not even aware of the notifications until he started receiving them for his demo surveys.
I think they can be turned off under the notifications settings, though if the survey digests are weekly we won't know for sure for almost another week.
notifications.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

MatthewM thanks. This is helpful. I wish that this was communicated better by Qualtrics. And that there would be more control over which surveys get these notifications or not. Being active on so many surveys for my university, I don't want notifications for them all but some of them the information in the digest would be nice.

I don't have any information on the survey digests - but wanted to ask a somewhat similar question. Can a daily report stating the # of responses received for a particular survey (not weekly) be emailed to specific individuals?

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Cphu check out the Support page for Scheduled Results. This will let you email to a distribution list or multiple distribution lists on a set schedule.
I recommend making a report that is one question long and is filtered to End Date is Yesterday. In the scheduler you can choose weekly and check multiple days of the week and in time you could pick any time. This should give you what you are looking for. Only down fall is your recipients will need to open an attachment. There is not a way to pipe the number of completes into the email body.
An alternative is setting up a public report where people can check progress in real time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just wanted to chime in here and let you all know that on 5/18, our product team activated a new feature for surveys, which provide a summary of recent responses and quotas for active surveys in a form of email and notification. During implementation, our team ran into an issue where this capability ran incorrectly for users with more than 10 active surveys. This may have resulted in you receiving an unusually high volume of digest emails from Qualtrics. Our product team has since remedied the situation, and they wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused. This feature should now be disabled on your accounts. If you wish to enable it, just use the digest switch in the notifications user settings (mentioned by MatthewM).
In the near future, the product team plans provide an option to turn it on / off on a survey level, as well. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

LaurenK do you know if this on/off switch is by user account or for everyone who the survey is collaborated to? I am trying to figure out if I turn it on my account or a survey (in the future) if digests will go to just me or everyone authorized on the project. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

bstrahin - The notifications settings are separate for each user, so switching it off for one user won’t block it for others. However, digests are sent only to the survey owner. Our product team plans to add in the future option to sign on for collaborators. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Thanks, LaurenK and team--I first noticed this functionality earlier this week. It tends to go into my spam folder and isn't quite as relevant for me personally because I tend to check our main survey daily. I'm glad that it's possible to turn the function off. While it's a useful feature, it would have been good to have had more advance notification either thorough an email or though our account rep with whom we check in biweekly. Thanks for maintaining the spirit of continuous improvement, though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/25873#Comment_25873Very helpful. Thank you Lauren!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@LaurenK, just came across this thread, which now explains these emails. Is there going to be any documentation about this coming out at some point? I think it would be great to show these notifications in the Actions and Reporting section so that they can be customised for every survey and the user is given the option to create it when creating the survey? That would allow better customisation then.
Just a thought
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Rod_Pestell You can find documentation on our "Notifications Feed" support page here. :)

Leave a Reply