Customer Follow-Up and Case Management
Best-in-class Customer Experience Management solutions allow you to follow-up on feedback at scale. With a closed-loop tool, you can follow up and fix a problem for one client, and in the process understand why the customer issue arose, helping you address that issue before it becomes a reoccurring problem for other customers.
A best in class customer experience management solution empowers you to do the following:
- Automate tickets when feedback is received based on factors such as customer satisfaction scores or keywords in open-end response fields
- Trigger notifications to the relevant parties that new feedback has been collected
- Track and manage customer feedback through resolution
- Easily close the loop with the customer
- View relevant customer analytics by drilling down or up to see specific issues or overall trends
- Perform root cause analysis to discover and address issues at a strategic level before they become reoccurring problems
An effective case management solution will allow you to follow up and close the loop with customers by creating automated tickets that integrate with the ticketing systems you already use, allowing you to track the issue through resolution. Sometimes, closing the loop is simply about mitigating the risk that a customer will become a detractor, however, in many cases, simply closing the loop with a passive customer who gave feedback is enough to turn them into a promoter.
Closing the loop can help you turn passive customers into raving promoters.
Case management platforms enable you to assign actions automatically based on role, department or topic. Automated alerts means frontline staff have visibility into pressing needs, while managers can track progress and team metrics vs. target. Integrated ticketing with other systems means your processes seamlessly fit into how you operate. More progressive solutions include mobile interfaces that allow your staff to be productive in any setting.
Implementing a case management system into your VoC program is important for several reasons:
- Prevents customer feedback, issues, or inquiries from falling through the cracks
- Ensures that relevant employees or management will be notified about new tickets
- Allows management to track team progress and metrics according to ticket resolution rates
- Allow for escalations and reassignment
- Allows you to leverage happy customers for positive customer reviews and referrals
- Gives you the ability to create sub-tickets if a customer issue is part of a deeper issue
- Empowers you to create organizational change at a strategic level by analyzing customer tickets to find the root causes of customer issues
Data integration is all about access to information. The information you collect with your customer experience platform should reflect what you already know and what you don’t know. Duplication of information is expensive and a waste of time –– serious research requires the ability to integrate data from all sources into the surveys and research that you are conducting. A best-in-class case management platform enables you to close the loop in a variety of ways––with the added flexibility of being able to integrate the systems you already use.
If your team already works within software systems like Salesforce, Tableau, Marketo, Slack, or Canvas, your case management system should be able to integrate with these systems to push and pull information, automate ticket updates, and help you close the loop easier.
Best in class systems enable automated alerts that are easy to see, respond to, and follow up on. As new issues arise, key stakeholders can receive alerts on their computers or mobile devices with the details of the issue and the timeframe needed to resolve the issue. If a customer issue escalates, tickets can be automatically forwarded to a supervisor to ensure their resolution.
In addition to helping you more quickly address customer issues, automated ticketing can help you better leverage your promoters. When positive feedback comes in, an automated response can be sent to thank the customer for their feedback and ask if they would like to refer a friend or leave a positive review.