Voice of Customer
What is Voice of the Customer (VoC)?
Voice of the Customer (VoC) is a term that describes your customer’s feedback about their experiences with and expectations for your products or services. Think of it as experience management, Qualtrics Voice of the Customer is a multi-source insight platform that focuses on customer needs, expectations, understandings, and product improvement.
Why Conduct Voice of the Customer Research?
No one becomes an industry leader without listening to the customer. Customer-perceived quality is the leading driver of business success. So if you decide to pursue business success and become an industry leader, you will have to understand the voice of customer.
Effective voice of the customer programs allow you to connect and engage with customers at key points in the customer journey.
- Customize your products, services, add-ons and features to meet the needs and wants of your customers
- Maximize your company’s profit and value by improving processes
- Identify and prioritize voiced needs and wants
- Prioritize issues and developments
- Solicit and evaluate new concepts, ideas, decisions, questions, and solutions
When your customers share their voice in real-time with you and your organization, they expect you to listen, act and report back to them what steps you plan on taking to improve business processes.
Building an Effective Voice of the Customer Program
The voice of the customer is best heard as an ongoing conversation. The key to creating an effective voice of customer program is to gather and use information in a timely way that helps you to improve. Organizations often have multiple touch points with the customer that occur all across the organization, including sales, support, warranty and accounting interactions.
Here are 4 key areas to consider when building your voice of customer program:
Capture: It’s important to identify customer listening posts both internally and externally. Surveys are the easiest and most common way to establish listening posts across all customer touch-points and departments.
Analyze: After capturing key insights, you can then analyze feedback in real-time. It’s important to deliver clear and actionable insight to the right employee stakeholders.
Act: Successful VoC programs put you in the best position to act on real-time insight. Knowing where the problem areas are allows you and your team to take corrective action in a variety of ways.
Monitor: Continuous monitoring helps you to track your results over time. Having a real-time pulse on your customers helps you uncover patterns to see where you are making improvements across the enterprise.
Characteristics of the Best VoC Programs
- Connect multiple types of feedback across data channels
- Provide automatic collaboration across functional departments
- Incorporate the voice of the employee
- Leverage dashboards and reports that integrate and display information from multiple customer voices regardless of source, survey or time
- Deliver clear ROI and business results
Continuous Improvement with Qualtrics Voice of the Customer
Check out the industry leading VoC technology from Qualtrics. Easy to use and incredibly powerful — Qualtrics Voice of the Customer is a quick implementation for a small business and robust enough for the largest global corporations.
- Collect, organize and continually monitor the voice of your customers
- Listen, measure and verify customer voices to direct priorities and goals
- Don’t waste money and effort: invest in what matters to your future
The Voice of the Customer provides the early warnings and direction for your success, directly from the people who really matter—your customers! Be a pathfinder and hero in your organization by investing in products, features enhancements and services that will make your company stand out from the rest. Learn more about Qualtrics Vocalize.