Net Promoter Score (NPS) Survey
Measure customer loyalty and understand how your customers feel about your product or service using one of the world’s best-recognized metrics.
Net Promoter Score (NPS®) is often held up as the gold standard customer experience metric. It measures customer loyalty for everything from individual products, stores, web pages, or even staff members.
NPS starts by asking a single question: “How likely is it that you would recommend [Organization X/Product Y/Service Z] to a friend or colleague?”
NPS is then calculated by first splitting respondents into three distinct groups of customers:
- Promoters – those customers who respond with a score of 9 or 10 and are considered loyal and enthusiastic customers.
- Passives – customers who respond with a score of 7 or 8. They are satisfied with your service but not happy enough to be considered promoters and could still be vulnerable to competitor offerings.
- Detractors – customers who respond with a score of 0 to 6. These are unhappy customers who are unlikely to buy from you again, and may even discourage others from buying from you.
The metric is then established by ignoring the passive customers and subtracting the number of detractors from the number of promoters.
The NPS score helps you dig further with follow-up questions to discern why the customer rated you the way they did. For example, if they rate your product or service 0-6, you can follow up with ‘We’re sorry to hear you were disappointed with our service. What could we do to improve in the future?
Ready to take it a step further?
Qualtrics NPS Software allows you to measure, analyze, and improve NPS across your organization. You can collect feedback through multiple platforms, including email, messaging apps, mobile, and offline surveys. With flexible dashboards and pre-configured reports, you can get the right information, to the right people in real-time so they can act quickly to improve the customer experience.
- Monitor improvements in a product, service or organization.
- Segment your customers according to loyalty.
- Identify customers at risk of churn so you can take steps to win them back.
- Close the loop with dissatisfied customers, turning poor experiences into great ones.
Three Easy Steps
- Sign up for a free account
- Select and customize the survey template
- Distribute your survey and begin analyzing results
What You Get
An expert-built survey template preloaded with the right questions to help you save time and get results faster.
- Ph.D. designed methodology
- Prebuilt logic and survey structure
- Automated workflow
Access to Dozens of Templates
Creating a Qualtrics account instantly gives you access to 50+ survey templates that you can begin distributing right away.
We make it easy to do things like:
Not a Qualtrics XM Customer?
Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ is used by the world’s most iconic brands to
optimize the four core experiences of business.