Change the export tags on all of the questions in your survey. The export tags are the numbers next to each question preceded by a “Q.” These tags are used to identify your questions when you are reviewing your data in an external program such as SPSS or Excel.
To auto-number your questions, from the Advanced Options list on the gray navigation bar, click Auto-Number Questions.
The following options are available:
- Sequential Numbering: The export tags for all questions in your survey will be re-written in numerical order.
- Block Numbering: Same as sequential numbering, except that the numbering starts over with each block.
- Internal ID Numbering: Re-number your questions to match the internal ID that Qualtrics keeps for each question.
- You can use these export tags as question numbers that the participant will see when taking the survey. To do this, you’ll turn on Show Export Tags in your Survey Options. Note: These numbers do not reorder when you use logic to skip the respondent ahead in the survey.
- Instead of having question numbers, consider using a Progress Bar (turned on in Look and Feel). Progress bars give participants a better idea of how far along they are in the survey.