About Brand Experience Projects
Brand Experience research goes beyond customer satisfaction, instead seeking to illuminate the impression your brand makes on the surrounding culture. Brand Experience research is all about figuring out how to strengthen equity, improve perceptions of your brand, and drive sustainable growth.
Most Brand Experience offerings at Qualtrics take the form of Automated XM Solutions. These are surveys you can customize to fit your company’s goals, but with a survey structure, questions, and reports vetted by our top subject-matter experts. Automated XM Solutions also carefully walk you through every step of the process, from survey creation, to distribution, and on to reporting.
Creating a Brand Experience Solution
Solutions help you build questions and blocks based on information you set, such as product names or the method you’d like to use to collect information. The question structures used in Solutions are based on industry-standard research designs and perfected by subject-matter experts.
- Navigate to the Projects page by clicking the XM logo or clicking Projects on the top-right.
- Click Create Project.
- Select BrandXM.
- Scroll down and select a project from Brand programs or Brand research that suits your needs.
- Read the Summary for a general overview of the solution’s purpose and Features to get an idea of what’s pre-built for you.
- Name your project.
- Click Get Started.
Qtip: Don’t want to use this Solution? Click the back arrow on the top-left of the window instead to go back to the Solution list.
- You will land on the Overview tab. This is where the Solution will guide you through the major steps of the project, including survey creation, distribution, and reporting.
- There will be a description of the first step you are about to complete. Click Get Started to start building your project.
- Fill out the fields. These components will vary based on the Solution you selected, and come with detailed descriptions of their purpose.
- When finished, click Finish.
- As you click the blue buttons on the Overview tab, you will be taken through the steps of the project.
Qtip: Did your survey Preview not appear? Make sure your browser doesn’t block pop-ups on Qualtrics.
- Use the toolbar along the top if you ever need to go back a step.
- Steps will automatically advance as you complete the guided workflow. Some steps allow you to click Continue to finish a step and move onto the next without completing the step’s recommended action.
- Use the tabs along the top if you’d like to edit components not included in the primary step. For example, you can go to the Survey tab to edit the survey theme and add demographic questions, whereas you can go to the Distributions tab to download a distribution history for emails you’ve sent.
Qtip: When you return to the Overview tab and select Reconfigure, a warning will appear. Changes to the setup of the XM Solution will wipe the survey structure and custom reports. Because of this, the previous data may be invalidated, meaning certain data may be lost or reformatted. Once invalidated, data cannot be restored to its original state. You should only reconfigure your XM Solution if you are absolutely sure you want to risk losing your previously collected data (e.g., all of your data is test data; or you’ve exported your data and saved your custom reports, and don’t need that content to be accessible in Qualtrics anymore).
What’s Included with an XM Solution
As you tell the XM Solution what brand, demographics, competitors, and more that you’d like to research, this information is used to build a robust survey. Questions are formatted according to industry best practices, with carefully arrange choices, professionally written questions, and robust Survey Flow, Display Logic, and Skip Logic as needed.
In the Reports section of the Reports tab, there will also be a custom report ready. It will be empty at first, but as you collect data, the graphs and tables will change.
For more on customizing these kinds of reports, see the Advanced-Reports support pages.
When you edit an XM Solution, you’ll notice a menu labeled Guide open on the right. This menu contains the same steps as the Overview tab, guiding you through the XM Solution while you are on other sections of the project.
You can perform several functions with this guide:
- The checkmark is meant to function similarly as the Mark as Done option in the Overview. As you perform tasks in Qualtrics, these boxes will check themselves to indicate they are finished. You can also click the circle next to a task to check it off your list.
- Click a header to expand and collapse its content.
- Click the links to start performing that function in Qualtrics. For example, clicking Preview Survey takes you to your survey’s preview.
- Click the X to close the menu and the button on the topmost-right to open it again.
Managing & Organizing Projects
As you create Brand Projects, these can be identified by the purple Brand icon to the left, followed by the type of the XM Solution you made.
For the most part, managing and collaborating on Brand Experience projects is the same as in CoreXM. See the following pages for additional help:
Brand Experience solutions function just like CoreXM surveys, with the exception being that several parts are preconfigured. Please see the following pages for help getting started on deeper project customization.
As you login to Qualtrics, you’ll arrive at the Projects page. The Projects page lets you scroll through your projects, create new ones, and view your survey related data. The Projects page is an organizational tool that you’ll learn to optimize in this Basic Overview.
The Survey tab lets you design, build, and edit surveys. Here you’ll create insightful questions, add logic, deploy validation, apply a look and feel that will engage your participants, and highlight your brand. Learn how to build effective surveys in this Basic Overview.
The Actions tab reacts to live survey responses with a variety of tasks, like response tickets, email responses, and more. An unhappy response can trigger a high priority ticket to your support center or an email to the relevant manager. A student request for Biology tutoring can trigger a message to a department’s tutorial team. Learn more in this Basic Overview.
The Distributions tab lets you pick from a wide variety of distribution channels. Choose the most effective distribution for your audience: email, mobile device, SMS, QR code™, anonymous link, or an appropriate social media channel. Learn how in this Basic Overview.
The Data & Analysis tab manages and analyzes participant responses. The tab hosts five powerful sections: Data, Text, Analysis, Crosstabs, and Weighting. From these tools you can view, filter, tag, edit, translate, weight, and delete responses. You can review text analytics, apply cross tabulations, import and export responses, and more. Learn more in this Basic Overview.
The Reports tab lets you present the insights you’ve gathered with powerful visualizations, graphs, tables, charts, and more. This tab lets you filter data, pages, and visualizations to create custom report pages for many potential and different audiences. Investigate your Results-Reports in the Results-Reports Basic Overview and your Advanced-Reports in the Advanced-Reports Basic Overview. For differences between Results-Reports and Advanced-Reports, visit the Results vs. Reports support page.
Create your contact lists on the Contacts page. Often called panels, lists can be created by yourself or purchased from a panels provider. Lists can be used to authenticate respondents. You can also embed (or store) data about each participant in your lists. Embedded Data helps create more powerful reports. Check out this Basic Overview.
The Library page lets you store pre-made surveys, templates, graphics, pre-written messages, and other files. Pull these files out of your library whenever you need them! You could even share your library’s questions and graphics with others. Learn how in this Basic Overview.
The Admin page is where Brand or Division Administrators create, manage, and organize user accounts. If you’re not a Brand Administrator, don’t be intimidated by this section. The more you know about administration, the more you can expand your research capabilities in Qualtrics. However, please do note that only your Brand Administrator will be able to perform any of these actions for you. Review the Admin Basic Overview.