About Soliciting Reviews with ReviewTrackers
When you’ve set up Online Reputation Management with ReviewTrackers, you can solicit survey respondents for reviews on social media. This message shows up after a participant has submitted their response, and can be added to any survey in your account.
In order to be able to use this feature, you must first do the following:
Creating the End of Survey Message
In this section, we’ll go over how to create an end of survey message that asks survey respondents for reviews, with links to various social media.
- Go to your Reputation Management project that is connected to ReviewTrackers.
- Go to the Apps tab.
- Click on the dropdown and select Add social links to surveys.
- A new menu will open.
- Name: Name the message. This message will be saved in the Library under this name.
- Social media accounts: Choose which social media links should be displayed in the message. If this field is not filled out, the system will display the first four social media accounts from the ReviewTrackers account.
Qtip: For the best icon layout, we recommend only choosing up to four accounts.
- Social media icon type: Choose whether to display social media links as smaller icon-style logos, or the full company logo.
- Default URL: This field is optional. This URL will be displayed in case the system has an issue fetching social media links for the Location. For example, if an External Location ID is not set correctly on ReviewTrackers, this URL will act as a replacement. This URL can be either a link to a global social media account or a company website.
- If desired, add a location ID you want to use in previewing the links’ functionality.
Qtip: Location ID is dynamically pulled into the survey. Don’t worry about setting a value here – we’ll discuss how to get an accurate location ID for each respondent when setting up the survey.
- When you’re finished setting up your message, click Next.
- Double-check your changes and click Done when you’re ready for your message to be saved.
- You will get a confirmation of the message you created.
This message can now be used at the end of your surveys. In the next section, we’ll discuss additional survey setup needed to optimize your review collection.
Using the Message in the Survey
Before you can use the message you created in one of your surveys, you need to make sure your survey can capture location data, so that when respondents submit reviews, it’s for the correct location.
Adding Embedded Data to the Survey
Adding Embedded Data to the survey flow allows you to save location data with your survey responses. While distribution and use of the message will still work without this step, we advise you complete these steps if you are planning on using location data in your survey data.
Attention: The name of the Embedded Data element is crucial to successfully displaying social media links. Make sure you do not change the capitalization or spacing of this field, and do not add additional characters.
- Add an Embedded Data element to the Survey Flow.
- Make sure this element is at the top of the flow.
- Name the field ReviewTrackersLocationID.
- Do not set a value.
- Save your Survey Flow.
This Embedded Data field will be used to specify the locations your respondents are reviewing. There are several ways this can be set, based on how you distribute your survey. We will talk about these methods in a moment.
Linking existing Embedded Data fields with ReviewTrackersLocationID
You don’t need to use the ReviewTrackersLocationID field to store the ReviewTrackers location if you have another, existing Embedded Data field in your directory that you’d prefer to use instead.
For example, the field “Location name” in the screenshot above contains the ReviewTrackers location.
Before you can distribute your survey, you must complete the following steps:
- Add Embedded Data to the survey flow.
- Make sure you save your field, e.g., “Location name,” to your Embedded Data element.
- Add the Embedded Data field, ReviewTrackersLocationID.
- Click Set a Value Now.
- From the dropdown menu, click Insert Piped Text.
- Select Embedded Data Field.
- Use the dropdown to select the existing Embedded Data field you’re using to store the ReviewTrackers location (e.g., “Location name”), or type the field name.
- Click Insert.
After you complete these steps, the Embedded Data in your survey flow should look like this:
After you save your flow and publish the survey, it is ready to be distributed.
Set the Custom End of Survey Message
In the survey editor, change your end of survey message to a custom message and and select the Solicit Reviews Message you created earlier. More information about setting a custom end of survey message can be found on the Editing the End of Survey support page.
After the survey is published, it will be ready for distribution.
Distributing the Survey
When distributing your survey, you need to make sure you’re setting the locations for individual respondents. You have a few different options, which we’ll describe here.
- Using a Single Link to the Survey: Try using query strings on the end of your anonymous link. These links can be posted on websites or emailed to customers. The query string field you want to add is ReviewTrackersLocationID, and the value should be set to the ReviewTrackers location ID.
Example: My company has a Provo, Dublin, and Krakow location, each with their own website. I want to post a feedback survey on each of their sites, but optimize them for the right location. These are the survey links I’d use:
For the Provo website: https://demo.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_XXXXXXX?ReviewTrackersLocationID=qualtrics_provo
For the Dublin website: https://demo.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_XXXXXXX?ReviewTrackersLocationID=qualtrics_dublin
For the Krakow website: https://demo.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/SV_XXXXXXX?ReviewTrackersLocationID=qualtrics_krakow
- Using a Contact List: Whether you plan to email or SMS invite your customers, or you’re using an authenticator, you need a contact list. When creating this list, make sure you have a column called ReviewTrackersLocationID (or an Embedded Data field that is mapped to ReviewTrackersLocationID, as described in the section above). In this column, make sure each member of the list has a ReviewTrackers location ID.
- Setting Values Based on How Respondents Answered: You can also set location by asking customers which location they visited, and setting values in the survey flow based on their answers. To do this, you would need to use a multiple choice question. Then in the survey flow, you’d add branch logic that leads to Embedded Data elements where the name is set to ReviewTrackersLocationID and the value is set to the corresponding ReviewTrackers location IDs.