About ServiceNow Events
The ServiceNow Event allows you to begin workflows in Qualtrics based on when a record is updated or inserted in ServiceNow. For example, an IT ticket is closed which updates a record in ServiceNow, beginning a workflow in Qualtrics to send a feedback survey to the employee who filed the original ticket.
Setting Up a ServiceNow Event
- Using the navigation menu in the top left corner, select Workflows, or go to the Workflows tab of your survey.
- Click Create a workflow.
- Select Started by an event.
- Click Get started.
- Select the ServiceNow event.
- Choose the ServiceNow account to use. You may use any accounts you’ve previously connected to Qualtrics, as well as any accounts configured by your Brand Administrator in Extensions.
- To connect a new ServiceNow account, click Add user account.
- Click Next.
- Enter your ServiceNow instance.
Example: For example, if you login to ServiceNow at abc123.service-now.com, then you will enter “abc123” in this box.
- Click Continue.
- Click Select Table and choose the table that contains the records you want to base the workflow on.
- If desired, click Fields included from ServiceNow to review the fields available in your selected table.
- Choose whether you want the workflow to trigger when a record is updated, inserted, or both.
- Click Save.
- Continue to set up the conditions and the task for your workflow.
Example: For example, I can use an XM Directory Task to send a follow-up survey when a record in ServiceNow is updated.
Conditions for ServiceNow Events
- Event Data: Base the condition on one of the fields included from ServiceNow. The available fields will depend on the table you selected during the event setup.
- User-Defined Field: This field is not used in conditions.